How social networks influence the way moms make money, view life, find friends and raise kids in today’s digital world
As my kids grew older and I became more involved in turning my business into an online business, I realized that I owe so much gratitude to the ‘circle of women’ I met on the Internet and have grown attached to. I started my Internet endeavor completely alone. However, I continue to produce and flourish within a group of brilliant and fascinating women who all work and play online. I wrote a book about my online experience because I am in awe of how the Internet can change lives and truly touch the human soul.
The Internet has truly broadened my reach to other women who find their livelihood online. My current book: “The Internet Mommy: Inspiring Interviews and Stories from Mothers Who Work and Play Online,” explores how social networks influence the way online moms make money, view life, find friends and raise kids in today’s digital world.
The moms who contributed content my book- ranged from tech-savvy to irreverent to spiritual. Regardless, all of the moms had a point of view and words of wisdom to share. The wide-ranging content comes from A-list sites including TwitterMoms.com, a savvy social networking site for moms; I’m Not Obsessed, a popular celebrity mom blog; TechMamas, a technology blog with a parenting slant; and White Trash Mom, the mom who is on a crusade against perfection. There is a long list of truly clever ideas from truly clever women.
6 Easy Steps to Incorporate Social Media in to Your Business:
1. Expand your brand by being a part of collaborative blogs or social networking communities that fit your business niche
2. Use social media tools (such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) to connect with others – people like to see that businesses have a face
3. Write articles and put information out on other community sites and forums in your area of expertise to increase traffic back to your site
4. Set up a Goggle Analytics account to track your web stats and visitor traffic.
5. Put out surveys to learn more about your audience
6. Create an online newsletter to keep your audience engaged and coming back to your site.
7. Most importantly, talk to other women who have success online in the area that you specialize in.